LCN Toe Nail Reconstruction (aka Wilde-Pedique) is a highly effective toenail correction system, comprising an extremely elastic UV nail gel that adapts to the movements of the toe. It’s unique adhesive properties mean that good results can be achieved, even on callus layers of skin where a toenail may be missing. LCN Pedique is also effective on scaly nail surfaces, and can conceal ridges and deformations and hide discolouration.
Step 3The protective properties of LCN Toe Nail Reconstruction cares for growing toe nails and acts as an excellent prosthesis after surgery. It is ideal for patients requiring a cosmetic solution to a mycotic nail while taking oral treatment, and those requiring relief from the discomfort of footwear.
LCN Toe Nail Reconstruction also provides a protective covering for in-growing toenails or areas that are especially sensitive due to chronic conditions. Diabetes patients with Psoriatic nails can also benefit from the protection LCN Toe Nail Reconstruction gives to the nail, preventing infection.
It’s an extremely elastic UV gel (one component Acrylester resin) which when exposed to UV-A light sets. LCN Toe Nail Reconstruction was developed specifically for corrective and restorative toe nail treatments. The gel resin has the ability to bond to a surface, add strength and harden with a glossy finish, whilst at the same time adapting to the movements of the toe due to its flexibility.
The results can be achieved even on callus layers of skin- very suitable where a toenail is damaged or in the case where a nail has surgically been removed and there is an unsightly regrowth; thus effective on scaly nail surfaces as it can conceal ridges and deformations and hide discolouration (in the case of fungal nails).
The Wilde Pedique gel once applied and cured will essentially look like and cut like a regular toe nail. It is an ideal solution for those clients who are looking for a cosmetically pleasing look and at the same helping stopping the snagging of the nail and possible infection. It may need refilling every 4/6 weeks until the nail is grown fully.
- Fungal Nails -This treatment can be used in conjunction with fungal nail treatment either in the form of topical or oral antifungal treatment. Although Wilde-Pedique is not a cure in itself, it should help in limiting the spread of the fungal infection and it will certainly go along way in boosting your confidence in being able to show off your feet.
- Nails damaged by trauma or removed surgically – A prosthetic nail may help the new nail grow into place along the nail bed thereby minimising risk of an ingrown nail or in cases of surgery constructing a completely new nail on the nail bed. The treatment will not work when the nail bed has been removed as it needs a portion of nail to adhere to.
- Cracked/split nails -LCN gels helps further damage by covering the crack/split, preventing further snagging
- No Odour, no Discolouration – Once an Acrylester – Resin has been cured for about two mins under a UV-A light, the material is completely cured and will not change.
- No Primer/Chemical Activator – LCN gels use no aggressive acidic primers which damage the natural nail plate.
- No Damage to the Natural Nail – As the gel cures to a flexible surface, it will not damage or hinder the natural nail growth.
- Non Porous – neither moisture or air can penetrate the material and, therefore, fungal nails can be covered with the gels helping prevention of further spread or development of the infection.
Once an LCN nail has been applied it can be treated the same way as a natural toenail, which means it can be filed and varnished using standard or gel nail polish which can also be removed in the normal way, without damage to your new nail. After care is mostly common sense as any trauma to the nail or excess pressure may damage the LCN in the same way as it would damage a natural nail.